I am back from a 4 day trip.
It was sunny and warm (34-38°C at noon). Non rain and I walked around 100 km. (in about 3,5 days)
I tried out 2 different brands of socks. Here is the review:
1) The Smartwool Midweight Hiking Socks
These great socks are made of 74% merino wool. And like we all know (or most of us) wool products are just splendid.
- They breath very well.
- They isolate just amazingly good.
- You don't faint everytime you take your foot out your shoe..
- They aren't so strong. After washing and using them for 2 times, they started to loose some fluffyness.
Now there is no reason to panic and loose hope: I bought another pair.
2) The Bridgedale Endurance Trekker
These socks are amazing. They are a blend of 41% New Wool
- There is less wool in it.
- They are a bit warmer.
- Just fit amazing.
- A bit sweaty and warm.
- They kinda stink after you a day.
I tested both of them in hot sweaty environment. And what did I think.
Well my feeling and thought goes toward Bridgedale . Why?
They just fit me so well, and they are just good enough
Although I must admit that the Smartwool kept me much better ventilated.
But still I prefer Bridgeldale, they just ar so strong.