Monday, April 19, 2010

Tents and neighbour

The day before yesterday (17/4/2010) I went to the biggest tent show of Belgium. It was real nice to finally see some tents alive: Here is my Top 3 favorite tents:
- The Hilleberg Akto:


€ 479
I really likes this tent. I heard lot about Hilleberg. All of them where positive. The only thing I heard that was a bit negative about it was that it has alot of condensation.
Very spacy , a real all-season tent and very light. Very easy to setup because this tent has only 1 pole in its construction.

Weight: 1,6 kg
Pro's: Light, Real strong, Nice design, Roomy
Con's: Very wide pitching lines
Based upon review http://www.backpacking.net/hilleberg-akto-review.html

The Hilleberg Nallo 2 or Nallo 2 GT
Nallo: € 629 Nallo GT: € 729
I choose this tent because I maybe want a two person tent for in the future. You never now what might happen. But I like it because you have alot of space, and it is also perfect if you need a cold well. Also very nice Design. The difference between the Nallo and the Nallo GT is that the GT has an extra vestibule. (this is the one in the picture)

Weight: 2,2 kg - 2,7 kg
Pro's: Fits 2 persons, much space for stuff
Cons: A bit heavier for 1 person, More poles so a bit more "difficult" to setup


The Fjällräven Sälka 1-2

± € 449 (Don't know the price exactly)
I just love this brand. It's also swedish and they have designs you cannot see any else where. This is the follow up of the Foxlite 1-2. Only there is more space. The Big plus for me is that I can sleep alone in it but it can fit JUST an extra person. So its not really an 1 or 2 person tent.

Weight: 3 kg
Pro's : For 1 and 2 persons, very roomy
Con's: heavy


I talked yesterday (18/4/2010) to my neighbour. Here son went to africa for like a year. She told me if I can't go now for a travel, I really shouldn't forget it. She told me to keep int in the back in my head, keep planning and gathering info. Good advice.


Wolves have no king,


Dries

No comments:

Post a Comment