Saturday, January 21, 2012

Review: Exped SynMat UL (A great 3 season sleeping mat)

What they say:

Ultralight
The new SynMat 7 UL offers unmatched comfort and warmth at a minimal weight and packed size.
Size M weighs only 460 g at size 183 x 52 cm and sumptuous 7 cm thickness and an excellent R-Value of 3.1.
All this at the size of a ½ liter bottle.


What I say:

I bought this mat because the one I now onw weights like 954 grams. What is not to heavy but every gram I can take off is better. But weight isn't the biggest problem, it is size that matters.
Packsize more specifically, it is so much easier and practical.
A men whould think that such lightweight comes with cold nights. Well, I tested this during a chilly night (10°C) and it kept me warm. There was a moment I started feel cold I thought but it turned out not to be a problem.

There is only one small problem. I need to blow this up with my breath. What transfer moisture in the mat. And over time nasty stuff can grow inside of it, wich can damage the mat over time. But this problem will be taken care of shortly.

And that's all i have to say about it.
It isn't much but I promise to get back to you with my "pump-solution" and a long term review.


Dries


No comments:

Post a Comment