Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Stuff 1...

I've talked about the stuff I like to have or do. Now lets talk about the stuff I have now. A little review. In the next coming blogs I will talk about the stuff I own.

1) Coleman Kraz™ X¹ Tent.

Weight: 1,6 kg
Flysheet: 210T polyester ripstop, PU 4000 mm
Floor: 190T nylon taffeta, PU 5000 mm
Repair kit included

A very nice tent. Lovely colours and roomy sleeping-compartment.
High enough to sit in.
If your a bit structured you can cook in it.
It sets-up real easy and quick. It only uses 2 U-poles and I think 10 pegs.

Some negative points:
Small and low vestibule. (BIG problem for me)
Only 3-season tent.

I slept in it for 1 night at a campsite at sea. Had a very nice night aside from the loud road next to the campsite. There was a lot of condensation between the inner and outer tent, but it didn't drip on me, so no problem. I really like that there is like +10 cm between the inner and outer tent. So when condensation collects on the inside of the tent it has no chance of getting to the inner tent.

Sadly I have not tested in it during the rain or strong wind. But it looks (and most importantly) feels very sturdy.

So in short, Very nice tent. But to bad that the vestibule is so small. I really irritates me. It's possible to live in it, but only if you have structure.


Next one will be about my Trangia stove


;-)
Dries

No comments:

Post a Comment